ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -October 31, 2017: ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – October 31, 2017: (L-R) HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and UAE Minister of Finance, HH Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President, Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Defence, HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, and HH Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, stand for a photograph, during a swearing in ceremony, held at Mushrif Palace. Seen with (back L-R), HE Obaid bin Humaid Al Tayer, UAE Minister of State for Financial Affairs, HE Abdul Rahman Al Owais, UAE Minister of Health and Prevention, and Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs, and HE Mohamed Abdulla Al Gergawi, UAE Minister of Cabinet Affairs and The Future. ( Rashed Al Mansoori / Crown Prince Court – Abu Dhabi )
It is a modern library that includes various forms and categories of information sources in various branches of human knowledge in order to raise the level of cultural awareness of the various members of society in the UAE, through specialized standards and professional specifications, and modern administrative and technical systems. The number of libraries belonging to the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development is (10) libraries distributed throughout the country to serve all citizens and residents:
- Abu Dhabi Public Library.
- Umm Al Quwain Public Library.
- Dibba Fujairah Public Library.
- Dalma Public Library.
- RAK Library.
- Ajman Public Library.
- Fujairah Public Library.
- Zayed Public Library.
- Masafi Public Library.
- Beach Library (opening 2014).
- Meet the needs of all segments of society from sources of information.
- Implementing projects and programs to support the culture of reading among members of the UAE community.
- Support researchers, school and university students wishing to develop their information skills.
- Encourage the acquisition of high-level information literacy and reading skills.
- Encourage participation in social life and collective participation.
- Encourage the use of leisure time in libraries and participate in their programs.
- Providing the latest advanced information technology to facilitate access to library holdings.
- Implement joint programs with government and private institutions to support and achieve sustainable cultural development.