About the Award
An annual award for writers, writers and creators in the field of short story writing, aimed at disseminating meaningful stories and promoting positive values, and focus on the Arabic language as an authentic intellectual bowl. And enriching the literary scene with creations geared to upholding values in society. The award at its ninth session looks forward to more creativity after winning eight sessions of excellence, and published the stories of winners in various schools and book fairs, and has developed a new category of bedtime story for children.
Awarded the prize
- Directing care towards the children’s literature and emerging and enriching the literary scene.
- Spread positive values among members of the community and encourage children, young people and youth to read.
- Highlighting the importance of Arabic as an intellectual and cultural supporter of values.
- Encourage talented creations in the field of short story literature.
- Investing cultural creations and directing them towards knowledge development.
- Supplying landfills with meaningful anecdotal publications that serve children, young people and youth.
Writers, writers and creators in the field of fiction writing and child literature.
Theme of the ninth session
Highlighting the achievements of the UAE and consolidating pride in the achievements of the State and the pride of belonging to it, and promoting the values of interdependence and human relations in the UAE society, old and new.Award fields and awards
Category 1 (Bedtime Story) Two stories for children from 3-5 years (50-100 words each) • Each imaginative and imaginative story is focused, short and light-hearted and agile, combining science fiction and values.
First place: AED 10,000 prize Second place: AED 8,000 prize Third place: AED 5,000 prize
The second category (two stories addressing children from 6-10 years) and the number of words of each story does not exceed (500-700): First place: a prize of AED 12,000 Second place: a prize of AED 10,000 Third place: a prize of AED 8.000 •
Category 3 (two stories for young people aged 11-18 years) and the number of words of each story does not exceed (800-1000 words) First place: Prize worth AED 12,000 Second place: Prize worth AED 10,000 Third place: Prize worth AED 8,000
Category 4 (one story above the age of 20 years) and the number of words of each story does not exceed (1000-1500 words) First place: Prize worth AED 15,000 Second place: Prize worth AED 12,000 Third place: Prize worth AED 10,000 • Specialty (6) Distinguished Business Awards Every AED 5,000the conditions
- 1. All Arab writers and creative citizens and residents of the UAE are eligible to apply for the award, provided that the participant is at least 18 years of age.
- 2 – The contestant is committed to the number of stories specified by each category and participation is limited to one category only.
- 3 – to write the work in Arabic fluent appropriate for the target age group, and the participant to write his statements in a separate paper on the stories.
- 4- Commitment to the techniques and conditions of writing the short story.
- 5. The works submitted must not have won other prizes or have been published in paper or electronic form. Stories that have already been participated in this prize may not be presented or submitted to other prizes during this or previous years.
- 6. The winner of one of the Award’s sessions shall not be entitled to participate unless two rounds have passed since his victory.
- 7. Participating works should highlight Emirati achievements and be characterized by modernity, scientific presentation, discussion of contemporary humanitarian issues and highlighting positive values such as tolerance, happiness, ambition, success, excellence, achievement and innovation.
- 8 – It is preferable to highlight the participation of modernity and scientific discourse and discussion of contemporary humanitarian issues and highlight positive values such as optimism, ambition and success, excellence, achievement and innovation.
- Stories are crafted in a creative and engaging manner that indirectly highlights values without preaching or guidance.
- 10 – to be the title of the story group meaningful and attractive to attract the reader and groom (taking into account the target age group).
- 11. The participant undertakes that the stories he participated belong to the participant himself and no other stories have been used or quoted.
- 12. If the participant is quoted from other stories, he or she has violated intellectual property law and is liable to legal liability.
- 13. The stories submitted shall be subject to arbitration by a competent committee formed for this purpose, whose decision shall be final and not subject to appeal.
- 14. Ownership of winning stories is vested in the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development, which is the only authority that has the right to dispose of them, with the rights reserved to their owners.
- 15. All entries that do not qualify will be disqualified.
- 16. Deadline for accepting entries is 11 May 2017
§ The originality of the idea and creativity and highlight the target values
§ Honesty of passion
§ Language integrity and structures
§ The strength and durability of the method
§ Integration of story elements and sequence of events
§ The beauty of graphic and rhetorical imagesHow to participate
1. The subscriber shall submit his works printed and saved on a CD, the font size shall be 14 Simplified Arabic, without any drawings or pictures and without thermal packaging.
<2. The participant will present five hard copies of the anecdotal collection.
<3. The work shall be received not later than 20/4/2017
<4. The required documents must be submitted with the submitted work (participation form, passport copy, CV and colored personal photo).
<5. The participating works should be sent to the following address: Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development – Dubai PO Box (97721) United Arab Emirates, written on the envelope (Short Story Award – Ninth Session) or delivered by hand or by courier in the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development Building (Abu Dhabi – Or in any of the centers affiliated to the Ministry. Toll Free 800552255 Ext. 471 – 418